GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 29, 2024, 12:48:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ges-stats.com  (Read 15609 times)

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
ges-stats.com
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:20:17 pm »

Is wonderful! Never really knew about it until I saw a post by Doc.NO - was wondering, are there any plans to accept other servers or only WNx? Cheers

Edu

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: ges-stats.com
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:03:53 pm »

Thats the question of the day *COUGH*octopussy's wetspot*COUGH*

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:48:04 am »

Not to be opinionated/bias or anything.....OWS is the way to go...... ::) ::)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 12:38:33 pm »

we da shit

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:38:46 pm »

OWS is the way to go
wat???

to the above question:

short answer: yes.

long answer: I need to code a system for server ops to add their server since right now the only way to add a server is in the admin interface which also allow user to empty the database - I'm sure you udnerstand why I'm reluctant to give people access to that :P I already started to work on that as well as a couple other thing
* achievements: much easier way to show off your achievements than taking a screenshot :P Half done for now.
* heatmaps - someone asked for that somewhere on these forums, I'm using some bits of code from psychostats. Half done as well.
I also want to add a way to stop streaming when the server has sv_cheats on, when vac is turned off and when the server is passworded in order to keep griefing as low as possible.
I'm facing some problems. Database size is now around 500 mb (this is why the website is slow) and I'm expecting it to grow even more if more servers are streaming. Any web host will tell you big and fast database = lot of money. And I have for some reasons very little time to work on this. And whenever i get time my lazy ass is hooked up in that TF-half-broken game.

So yeah lot of features planned/in the work, little time. It *will* be done (in fact it is being done, just real slow), not sure how many time it'll take. By the way, how many server ops would be interested?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 08:06:10 pm »

Dr. No, talk to me I can help you with your database woes, I have a lot of experience hardening a web site / database and setting up trusted access interfaces. Also, for the achievements and heatmaps and sv_cheats if you want help from the coding side in beta 4 let me know. I can output server messages that will work with the tracking programs

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 11:33:49 pm »

If you and Monkey get together and code is changed, I will gladly make you a custom FTP account to the Beta4 testing server if you need it.

Also have a 9 Gbps Tier-1 Website Connection if you wanna test with another connection, limited to only 300GB a month transfer, but could upgrade.

If you need anything/ wanna test anything, Ill help as much as I can.

And who's been Applauding KM? He needs his -666 rep.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 05:39:45 am »

I think I would definitely be interested. You tha man Doc!

oxi

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10:56 am »

wat???

to the above question:

short answer: yes.

long answer: I need to code a system for server ops to add their server since right now the only way to add a server is in the admin interface which also allow user to empty the database - I'm sure you udnerstand why I'm reluctant to give people access to that :P I already started to work on that as well as a couple other thing
* achievements: much easier way to show off your achievements than taking a screenshot :P Half done for now.
* heatmaps - someone asked for that somewhere on these forums, I'm using some bits of code from psychostats. Half done as well.
I also want to add a way to stop streaming when the server has sv_cheats on, when vac is turned off and when the server is passworded in order to keep griefing as low as possible.
I'm facing some problems. Database size is now around 500 mb (this is why the website is slow) and I'm expecting it to grow even more if more servers are streaming. Any web host will tell you big and fast database = lot of money. And I have for some reasons very little time to work on this. And whenever i get time my lazy ass is hooked up in that TF-half-broken game.

So yeah lot of features planned/in the work, little time. It *will* be done (in fact it is being done, just real slow), not sure how many time it'll take. By the way, how many server ops would be interested?

I should really read and probably post here more often than I do but if you need my help with anything you know where to find me. I'll be moving out today though so I'll be without the internet for a little bit.

Kaiser Tarkin

• Agent
  • Kaiser Tarkin has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 02:03:57 pm »

Tehahahahahaha Tarkin is No.1  :) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :angel:

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 02:37:24 pm »

**WARNING**

Ges-stats people and all others using stats programs. I found a bug today in the BETA 3.1.4 code (now Beta 4 of course) that sent out the player_hurt message TWICE. Once in our GE:S code and once, again, buried in Valve's code.

This means that damage is being applied to the stats system *TWICE* for every hit a player takes. I don't know if this makes a difference on your ranking system, but if it does the easy fix is to half all damage that is read, so that the second message brings it back to the normal value.

I have, obviously, fixed this bug for Beta 4.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 04:20:14 pm »

Tehahahahahaha Tarkin is No.1  :) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :angel:

In points, yeah. But I still have the highest accuracy by far. :)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:23:09 pm »

Stats should reset for 4 anyway, since the game is changing so much with Rollings and Penetration and the Klobb's buff.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 08:11:39 pm »

Talking about spam...

I do agree with you VC. The game feels completely new and many of the strategies that apply now don't work any more with B4. If Bad (Doc.NO) pulls it off, I'd love to see other clans sharing the stats. I personally believe it would benefit the mod.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 11:06:12 pm »

I wouldn't know, but a cleansing doesn't sound like a bad idea.

...And Kaiser's rank is what I've been about since WNx started the stats thing. Fancy seeing it as a title.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 05:08:00 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up