GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 01, 2024, 06:01:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga`s house  (Read 68356 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga`s house
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »

ok, sounds logical. thank you
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2011, 11:09:39 am »

hi everbody,

after testing the first version of the map last weekend with some nice guys from the wnx-group, I decided to improve some things. it will take some time, but I want to make it perfect, you know. anyone, who wants to test the "old" version, here´s the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?rldzc2axnd3xirb
a short feedback would be appreciated, maybe we can discuss it right here in the forum
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:11:21 am by The Cy »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2011, 11:48:00 am »

Quick Link(with fixed file locations, for noobs when installing):

http://wcservers.net/Goldeneye/Maps/cy_funhouse.zip
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:50:46 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2011, 07:45:54 pm »

hey guys,

I´m currently working on the second version of the funhouse. I already fixed /changed some of the scaling-mistakes, the inverted bathroom doors, the bathroom tiles / mirrors, the main cinema texture, the rope, some soundscapes, the trap with the skull and the moonraker-part. added some skirting boards in the living room and I´ll try to create a 3D-skybox of the island-part.

but I am curious to hear your opinion about the map. so, what do you think of it so far?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:51:16 pm by The Cy »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2011, 04:28:17 am »

i just played a bit of the map and i have to say that it is one of the best maps i have ever seen in a FPS- there are so many refrences to films that its Awesome, i love the easter eggs, especially with the trap door and well i can say that its Perfect...

however i think you should remove the images of the James Bond villians (to avoid copyright issues to some make up some Posters to Films Coming Soon to a theatre near you like....Shlinder's Fist starring Nicholas Cage- see: for some funny refrences)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2011, 08:44:35 am »

hey, thank you very much. and I promise you, that it´s just the beginning. you will adore the second version

however i think you should remove the images of the James Bond villians (to avoid copyright issues to some make up some Posters to Films Coming Soon to a theatre near you like....Shlinder's Fist starring Nicholas Cage- see: for some funny refrences)

I will think about this issue.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2011, 01:35:37 pm »

I like the map.  The first version kept making my server crash. :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:35:48 pm by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2011, 11:56:28 am »

hi everybody,

here are some impressions of the funhouse version 3. I reworked nearly every single room, made the areas smaller, added new things and created displacements.

mr. bashe was kind enough to lend us his face for the new cowboy. thanks ;D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2011, 12:02:17 pm »

The first picture definately shows your improvement with design. I would drop the lightmap scale on the floor down to a 4, you will get nice and sharp lighting effects from the sunshine.

I would also do the same to the floor in pic 4

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2011, 01:23:49 pm »

how do you improve on Perfection?

i do hope there is some more easter eggs but i always say things like that  ;D

looks great

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2011, 01:26:13 pm »

how do you improve on Perfection?

Easily, never become "perfect" :P

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »

mr. bashe was kind enough to lend us his face for the new cowboy. thanks ;D

As soon as I saw that, I immediatly thought about VC.
See :

The map looks awesome, Man, Nicely done! The fourth and tenth picture looks really great in my opinion.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2011, 04:49:15 pm »

I was really impressed untill i saw those gosh darn paper-cutout islands again.

see if you can make them out of displacements and tree models, it would look a lot better.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2011, 07:17:50 pm »

Agreed, the paper cut outs are a huge distraction from an otherwise marvelous map

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2011, 08:44:12 pm »

I was really impressed untill i saw those gosh darn paper-cutout islands again.

see if you can make them out of displacements and tree models, it would look a lot better.

yeah, I agree. and I´ll change it.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up