GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 18, 2024, 03:51:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wont let me play-"Account Used Elsewhere" error  (Read 6816 times)

cs21

Wont let me play-"Account Used Elsewhere" error
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:01:36 am »

I try to connect to a server, but it just tells me that my account is logged in somewhere else.

This is not true.

So far i havent been able to play. Is this problem common? Please help.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Wont let me play-"Account Used Elsewhere" error
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:58:24 am »

This issue is independant of our mod, its a steam/source issue. Usually it doesnt happen for no reason. Someone more expert on its specifics will be seeing this and able to help you figure it out soon. All i know is that ive never known it to pick on only one game.

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:58:01 am »

This happens to me from time to time as well, even when I am in fact not logged in on another computer.  All I do to fix it is go to "File" and select "Change User".  It logs you out of steam, and logging back in with your steam username and password usually allows me to enter a server once more.  If this doesn't work, I know some suggestions were made in the following thread for the same exact problem you're having.

http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,4105.0.html 

Hope some of this helps.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:56:28 pm »

EMH Mark I is correct.

I have this happen to me all the time with MODs.  I do login to steam from work, but then log out and still get the problem..  so change user and your good to go.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee
Pages: [1]   Go Up