GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 02, 2024, 09:43:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hide blood  (Read 12773 times)

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
Hide blood
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:18:20 pm »

Hi erveryone!!!

This is game is very beatifull, but i like to hide the blood and I don't know how do it...

I need help, please!!!

Matteobin  8)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Hide blood
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 04:11:14 pm »

Why do you want to hide blood?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:20:29 pm »

Because otherwise my parents don't let me play Goldeneye source: please help me!!!

Mattteobin
  8)

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 05:52:56 pm »

One option is to find a server with paintball mode on..  sometimes you can just ask and the host may do it.

I did a quick check of the cvars for gore or blood..  we only have something for the screen blood when you die...  KM might know of something else.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 06:29:54 pm »

Because otherwise my parents don't let me play Goldeneye source: please help me!!!

Mattteobin
  8)

Eeek, arbitrary censorship is one of society's worst evils... Is there any way you can convince them it's red paint? Or perhaps tell them it's maroon blood instead of red?  :P

Hmm, well..

Is the blood loaded from HL2 materials? Surely a blood mod for HL2 would work inside the GE:S directory if that is the case...

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 07:30:10 pm »

Okey, and how I should do to hide the blood, using some Half Life's 2 mods?

Matteobin  8)

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 07:41:59 pm »

And, another thing: who is KM?

How he could help me?

And...

Is there someone that he can help me?

HELP!!!

Matteobin
  8)

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 08:20:16 pm »

Who is KM you ask...?  This might shed some light.  Killer "Helper" Monkey

Wish I could help...all I know is how to turn off the blood drip scene every time you die which Enzo referred to.  At the main menu, go to Options>Multiplayer Tab>Advanced, and there you'll find the option to turn it off.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 08:24:41 pm »

I tried:

violence_ablood 0
violence_agibs 0
violence_hblood 0
violence_hgibs 0

None of those seemed to work.

Might have to just delete the blood decals. But we'll wait for KM's chime.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 09:18:33 pm »

i think deleting blood decal will make the error signs or black and purple textures appear all over the screen. Might look ugly but at least you can tell your parents no more blood :P

Its weird if your parents are ok with you pumping some guy full of ar33 rounds as long as the wall isnt splattered with the stuff that would have to be streaming out of his body in that scenario.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 09:28:30 pm »

First of all, lemme say your parents are good ones, course they seem to care about you.
Today most parents just don't care about what their childs are watching, playing or listening to.
Others simply don't know there is content in games, films & music which is inappropriate for children or how to use perental control systems on PC, consols or even pay TV boxes.

Unfortunatly (for you) all the commands supposed to reduce blood and gibs, are only working with the original valve games, not the mods.

Idk how young you are, maybe wait another year or two till you're allowed to play these kind of games, or convince your parents that you can handle this grade of violence.

Tell them about the positive effects of the games, like teamwork, training your reflexes, etc.

Also if you're playing a game for a while you won't even recognize the Blood anymore, while ppl watching these scenes passive might still see only blood and violence.
If you could encourage your parents to play the games for some time before they decide to allow/disallow them, they might learn to see this the same way.

If you ask me, disabling the blood doesn't make a game less violent, it's just like making violence appear more harmless. This is exactly the oposite of what ppl try to achive with censoring.

Oh, and instead of deleting the blood decals you should replace the .vtf file with another one.
Either you open it up in an image editing software and change the color to something else not reminding on blood or you make the alphachannel completly black, so it'll render invisible.
Next save the file as .vtf and replace the original one.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 10:49:07 pm »

I just tried making a no-blood mod but it didn't work. HL2 blood mods will not work unfortunately since the blood decals can't be loaded from the gesource/materials/decals directory...

Possibly an ironic result of Valve not allowing you to easily modify blood decals if you already have a censored (German) version of Source?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 11:23:17 pm »

First of all, KM is me (Killer Monkey) and I am the lead programmer of the mod and overall modding God. Start bowing.

I have made up a little Christmas present for you to make your parent's happy. This will make all the blood decals completely transparent, effectively hiding the blood from being displayed.

Just unzip the following file into your gesource directory (all the directories are setup for you):
http://update.goldeneyesource.net/NO%20BLOOD.zip

I couldn't get rid of the blood particle effect (the little spray that comes out where you hit the player) but you will NEVER see blood on the walls or on any players with this package of anti-violence.

On a side note, none of the convars work because they were disabled in the SDK by Valve for whatever reason and I don't care to spend the time to reenable them since its an issue for like 1 in 10,000 gamers.

I just want to point out that I don't support your parents at all, they are stupid, sorry but you will understand when you are older they aren't protecting you at all since you are already being exposed to the act of killing just not the sight of blood.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:18:59 am by killermonkey »

JessEH

• Agent
  • JessEH is looked down upon.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 01:21:26 am »

First of all, KM is me (Killer Monkey) and I am the lead programmer of the mod and overall modding Durdurpdurhurdur. Dur.

Fixed.  ;D

Yeah, it's good that your parents care. But it does seem strange, for the reasons Wake pointed out. Plus GES is hardly violent at all, in terms of blood. It's not a gibs flying everywhere, fountains of blood type of thing. Hopefully KM's little fix will suffice. Hope to see you.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 01:29:21 am »

Red liquid is offensive. Throw away your ketchup immediately.  :angel:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up