GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 28, 2024, 11:06:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disconnect: This steam account does not own this game  (Read 8737 times)

Hectorhammett

Disconnect: This steam account does not own this game
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:38:24 am »

I cant download Source SDK from steam, so i found another option:
Pacsteam.
I finally get everything that i needed, and when i select a server BUM! this message pops out:
Disconnect: This steam account does not own this game
Somebody knows hot to fix this?:(

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Disconnect: This steam account does not own this game
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:58:28 am »

So.... wait, your trying to get help for a problem that is you don't own a game, when.... you don't own it?

-Get a real steam acccount
-Buy HL2:DM for $5
-Play any Mod you want.
-Done
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Hectorhammett

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:11:16 am »

Ok let me specify:
I had an original steam, and an original half life deathmach, but in the tools didnt appear the Source SDK, so i read that you can do all that with pacsteam and i get this error.
Unless somebody know how i can get it original???

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:36:12 am »

If you own hl2:dm and it didn't include or doesn't work with source sdk. Then not trying to sound like a jerk, but you might have to take it up with steam/valve.

If you have hl2:dm installed and in your tools tab you don't see source sdk. Then there really is t much support that we can provide.

Now if sdk is installed and the game isn't launching, then we can odds are help you.

But please, anyone rain your opinions in.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:39:11 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:37:45 pm »

You won't find any support for Steam hacks here.

People who use a geniune Steam client and account on which they have purchased a game that includes Source SDK do not have this problem. Free versions of these games do not include Source SDK.

Really it's as simple as that...
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Hectorhammett

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:12 pm »

Ohh ok thanks... just i think everybody has been a little agressive talking here XD but thanks i guess...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »

Aggressive because you openly admitted to stealing... be aware of what you are doing and not just "taking someone's word for it" we've been around for a hell of a long time and know whats up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up