GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 27, 2024, 09:12:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No players playing?  (Read 6801 times)

InuyashaITB

No players playing?
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:07:43 am »

I just downloaded GE:S and when i got it all installed and fixed for my settings, i looked at the server list and there were 19 servers, and no one was playing. it is 8:07PM Pacific Time.

Is this normal to have no one online? and that little of servers?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: No players playing?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 03:15:42 am »

I see 2 people on right now. ;)
Yeah, sometimes there's downtimes. There's usually someone on; just gotta catch a wave.

And ~20 servers is normal.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

InuyashaITB

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 03:17:53 am »

Wanna play together? :D

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:07:53 am »

Yeah, Well, That always depends of the time of the day.
Eastern time :
12PM-5PM = Around 9-15 players
5PM-11PM = More than 15 players
11PM-4AM = Usually empty or almost empty. 2-4 players
5AM-7AM = 5-6 players.
7AM-12PM = I've got no idea, I'm always asleep.

That may vary, But this is approximately from my experiences.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 07:21:32 am »

You're joking, right?
~20 servers are pretty much for a mod not listed in steamworks.
I've just browsed through a few other mods
Dystopia: 19 servers (and it's listed on steamworks)
Jailbreak Source: 7 servers, noone playing.
Kingdoms Collide: 3 servers, noone playing.
Neotokyo: 10 servers, noone playing.
Orion: 9 servers, noone playing.
Project Valkyrie: 1 server, noone playing (sadly).
Stargate TLS: 3 servers, noone playing.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 10:27:02 am »

I'd have to agree but imo we should be doubling all those mods without needing to lift a finger there should be 20x the amount of players who love goldeneye ready to game in a free source mod. Turns out more effort is required than the already comprehensive state of play and thats what 4.1 aims to do.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:29:08 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 02:01:33 pm »

A friend of mine and me have recently been playing again frequently and there's always some people jumping right in once we played just a couple of rounds on our own.
The point is: when I'm on my own, I just look into the server browser and if no one is online, I don't bother sitting around waiting for someone to join up. But once at least a few players are on a server, others will join, too.
So get a friend to play with you and start populating a server, I think you'll notice the same.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 03:46:11 pm »

Usually player counts snowball as most of the very active players in the community have eachother on their Steam friends list and when one person fires up the game others tend to join too.

Usually there is someone playing, really it depends on the time of day.. most players are in the US and western Europe, so peak times for players are generally around 20:00 - 04:00 UTC
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 03:06:46 am »

And Aussie players, you need to jump on early in the morning. It is very rare to see Aussie people on at all, so you are going to have to put up with international servers (which I personally have no problem with :P)
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 08:19:54 am »

german players are the most beautiful  :P
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 12:55:19 am »

^^QFT
Pages: [1]   Go Up