GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 02, 2024, 05:07:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could I make a donation?  (Read 18566 times)

gemini

Could I make a donation?
« on: July 22, 2007, 12:09:35 am »

Hi everyone.

I would like to congratulate the team behind Goldeneye Source. Its absolutly cracking.

So much so that I would like to make a donation to assist with development costs, advertising, hosting etc.

Could I do this ? And how ?

Thanks, and keep up the cracking good work.

dlt

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dlt has no influence.
Re: Could I make a donation?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:27:26 am »

Thank you for the offer but sadly we can not accept money due to the nature of the mod. If we are seen to be making a profit it could land us in hot water.

I feel a nice thing to do is to donate the cash you would have gave us to a charity. Something along the lines of a mental health charity such as the Samaritans or what ever your countries alternative is. So that we can in a small way help others taking the same path as nick sadly did.

The hunt is on!

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 06:25:00 am »

If you do on behalf of us please post the receipt number and we will include you somewhere in the credits for your generosity.

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
  • Jackred666 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:11:15 am »

I wish i could help too sadly i am going into a project within 2 weeks for 10 weeks running then another one that's as long as the one i am going into i am sorry i really do want to help out since i deeply like the work.

gggg

• Agent
  • gggg has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:52 pm »

i only have to say: this is the best mod ever seriously!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 02:54:53 pm »

Thank you for the offer but sadly we can not accept money due to the nature of the mod. If we are seen to be making a profit it could land us in hot water.

Well that could be said for many things, but others still accept PayPal donations.
Rockman Tanjou, for example, is a scanlation site. (In which they scan Megaman manga and translate, and post all the pages on their site.)
They accept donations to help with their work.

It's not making a profit from the work, it's just accepting some help from other people.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 05:01:26 pm »

That's not really the same situation.  In our case, Activision owns the bond license, and they are also releasing a new bond game.  Our game could be seen as competition to theirs and might hurt their sales.  As long as we aren't making money, we will hopefully stay off their radar.  Money wouldn't make a big difference, so we'd rather play it safe to avoid any issues.
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 05:46:54 pm »

Not donate the mod itself, donate a server. This way you will help both, the mod and the community.

Angeal

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:28:48 am »

I've checked these forums several times. I could possible "donate" a server or run a server for GE:s. It would not be a big one, maybe 16 slots. It would also be based in the UK...sorry yanks. :P
I have hosted one before, but it was never used, I also have one hosted from my house, but not really willing to pay for it until the Beta 3 is out (is it out soon?) I have not seen any info on it... =/
Regards,

-Lee

Snowfreak

• Agent
  • Snowfreak has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 04:38:15 am »

I second that!  This mod is honestly amazing and i already love it, but can only imagine the modifications that it is being given for beta 3 and beyond.

Diablo 3 is probably the game i am most excited for right now, but this is a close second.  It is funny how an independent developer group is making one of my most anticipated games.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 07:10:35 am »

You don't need to be a corporation to give something awesome. :)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 07:25:43 am »

These days corporations are more interested in bulk advertising then bulk content. They would rather release a buggy, shit filled tube of awesome instead of a clean and polished (AND FUN) product. Oh yah... we'll just hit those random crashes and the DRM thing with a patch next month, btw no refunds cause you opened the package...

Thanks for the great words SnowFreak, we hope this upcoming release will wake some real developers up to the potential of the mod community.

TBH, besides coding every day, I only play Beta 3... none of my other games demand my attention anymore (even the Wii has taken second place and I heart Smash Brothers)

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 01:34:10 pm »

What killermonkey said is EXACTLY how I feel about Epic fucking Games. I paid around a good 50 bucks plus tax for Unreal Tournament 3, so my assumption was me and other legitimate owners would get support and customer feedback treatment from the company. Wow, WOW was I wrong.

Unreal Tournament 3 is so unstable of a game, I know it isn't just my computer. The official UT3 forum is absolutely filled to the brim with complaints about lockups and computer crashes. My system is quite a bit over the recommended requirements, and when not locking up, the game runs just fine at full settings. However, the game will at almost TOTAL RANDOM just completely freeze. Thankfully not my whole system, or I wouldn't even attempt to run the damn thing anymore. So you know what happens when I make numerous posts about the locking up, not attacking Epic Games (which they deserve in the form of a fist), but trying to HELP OTHER PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM (for example, upping my RAM voltage actually reduced the freezes considerably, knock on wood..... ..... *knocks on the GE:S forum background*). Instead of addressing the problem in a patch (I am on the newest patch with the same issues), or even in a POST... they ban the shit out of everyone who remotely complains about the game. My ban reason was "trolling" even though my only posts were attempts to help people fix the serious freezing issue of the UT3 engine. Not only that, it was an IP ban.

That is what I like about a project as cool as GE:S being made without corporate-dickheads. If I had a serious locking up issue in GE:S, much less half of the users playing it, you guys would address it immediately, either in technical help, or checking out the issue yourselves and finding a way to fix it. Companies really are just after that fast buck most the time. I feel like Epic took my money and ran. There has yet to be any even reply to the hundred of complaints about UT3's instability.

(PS: I think UT3 is a really fun game, WHEN IT IS WORKING. My complaint is about Epic's method of handling customers, not the enjoyment of the game itself.)
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up